Cerrar

THE MEANING OF THE WORD (NAME) CACHI

THE ORIGEN AND MEANING OF CACHI IS DISCUTING, IN LANGUAJE QUECHUA THE WORD IS SALT BUT THE EXPLANATION CANT BE POSIBLE, IS CAN EXPLAIN THEIR RAZON, THEY BELIVE WHAT THERE WERE A DEPOSIT OF THAT PRODUCT IN PREHISPANIC TIME. OTHER ETYMOLOGY OF THAT WORD CAME FROM THE DIAGUITAS ANCIENT LENGUAJE WHERE ¨KAK¨ MEANING, PEÑON, STONE, AND ¨CHI¨ IS SILENCE, SOLITUDE. OTHER MEANING FROM ATACAMEÑO LANGUAJE IS MEANING BEAUTY VALLEY .

GEOGRAPHY ASPECT

THE DEPARMENT OF CACHI IS SUTUATED ON WEST OF THE CENTRAL PART OF SALTA PROVINCE , FROM 157 KM . THE NORTH LIMIT IS WITH La Poma DEPARMENT AND PART OF ROSARIO DE LERMA; IN THE SOUTH THE LIMIT IS WITH MOLINOS AND PART OF SAN CARLOS DEPARTMENT; IN THE EAST THE LIMIT IS WITH CHICOANA DEPARMENT AND PART OF ROSARIO DE LERMA DEPARTMENT AND IN THE WEST WITH LOS ANDES DEPARMENT.

THE AREA IS 4.148 KM2 AND THE HIGHT OF THE VILLAGE IS 2280 METRES ABOVE SEA LEVEL (MSNM). THERE ARE 7.243 PEOPLE. THE WETHER IS MILD TEMPERATURE AND COLD AND DRY WITH A TEMPERATURE MIDDLE OF YEAR OF 14.8 ºC , MAXIM OF 27ºC ON DECEMBER AND A MINIM OF 4ºC IN JULY. CACHI HAS LONGER DAYS WITH SUN AND A FEW CLOUDY DAYS, A FEW RAINING DAYS AND WIND IN OTOM (AUGUST). THE RAIN IS TORRENTIAL OF 250MM. IN SUMMER MONTH ARE FROM DICEMBER TO MARCH.

Cachi de noche

A BRIEF HISTORIC OVERVIEW

IN TIMES OF DISCOVER AND CONQUISTA, IN THAT TERRITORY LIVED THE DIAGUITAS (NATIVES). AT THE MOMENT OF THE DIVISION OF ENCOMIENDAS (FINANCIAL) IN SALTA , IN 1673, TO ASIGN MRS MARGARITA CHAVEZ THAT TO CACHI, SOME YEARS AFTER, IN 1719, AS A PROPIETARI, MR PASCUAL DE ELIZANDA AND AFTER HIM MR FELIPE DE ARAMBURU, THAT WAS THE ORIGEN OF ¨HACIENDA DE CACHI¨ THAT WAS AN IMMENSE PROPIEDAD WHAT PER YEARS HOUSE THE VILLAGE. THAT WAS THE ORIGEN OF THE PUEBLO VIEJO ( OLD VILLAGE ) WITH A BIG VALUE HISTORIC AND TURISTIC. THE COLONIAL CONSTRUCTION OF XVIII CENTURY, STARTING WITH THE CHURCH, WHICH WAS ASSIGNED TO TEACH THE RELIGION AND TO CONSOLIDATE THE SPANISH LANGUEAJE IN THE PRODUCERS WITH RELATION TO THE HOUSE. THE PUEBLO VIEJO IS BUILDING IN STYLE OF THAT TIME IN THE COLONIAL TIME WITH A PARK IN THE CENTER OF XIX CENTURY AND BEGINES OF XX CENTURY. THE NEW VILLAGE IS CONSTRUCTING IN 1950 IN LAND EXPROPRIATED OF THE HACIENDA CACHI IN 1946, FOR THE NATIONAL GOBERMENT. THEY HAD SELL 10 HA OF LAND WHAT LIMIT WITH THE OLD SETTELMENT ON THE WEST, IN LAND OF 20M X 50M. IN THAT TIME CORRESPONSE THE BIG SPACES DESTINATED TO THE HOSPITAL, THE SCHOOL AND THE POLICE STATEMENT.

THE CACHI VILLAGE

THE CACHI VILLAGE IS STARTING IN THE UNION OF CACHI AND CALCHAQUI RIVER AT 2280 MSNM. IS PART OF CALCHAQUIES VALLEY , SORROUND FOR MOUNTAIN RANGE AND MOUNTAINS OF THE PRECORDILLERA OF THE ANDES . THE NEVADO DE CACHI IS A MOUNTAINOUS RANGE WITH NINE TOPS, THE TOPPEST OF THE MOUNTAINS IS ¨EL LIBERTADOR¨ THE TOP IS ARROUND 6380 MSNM AND ITS HIGH TO 75 KM FROM THE VILLAGE OF CACHI . THE VILLAGE IS COLONIAL STYLE MIX WITH THE NATIVE STYLE. THERE IS A PARK IN THE CENTER TO SORROUND FOR COBBLER STREETS AND HOUSES WITH BASE OF STONE, WALLS OF ADOBE COVER WITH CAL AND WHITE SAND, IRON BARS, ROOF OF CARDON OR CAÑA COVER WITH MUD. HAS HIGH PATH OF STONE AND LAJAS. THEIR STREET IS WITH STONE AND MUD HAS CANALS OF IRRIGATION. ON THE CENTRAL PART OF THE VILLAGE IS THE PRINCIPAL PARK CALLED 9 OF JULY, IN FRONT OF THAT, THE ARQUEOLOGICAL MUSEUM AND THE CHURCH ON IS THE PAINTING OF THE SAN JOSE (THEIR PATRON SAINT). THE CELEBRATION OF THE DAY OF THE PATRON SAINT OF THE VILLAGE SAN JOSE IS ALL 18 AND 19 OF MARCH.

THE DAY BEFORE OF CELEBRATION PATRONAL SAINT

THAT FESTIVITY START THE DAY BEFORE OF THE PATRONAL SAINT DAY ON 18 TH OF MARCH, THE MISACHICOS, THEY ARE SMALL PICTURES OF SAINT CARE FOR THE FAMILIES, FROM A LOT OF PLACES COMING TO THE VILLAGE TO MEET TO WANT WITH A PATRON SAINT. THEY ARE IN THE RECOVA OF THE MUSEUM IN FRONT OF THE PARK, WAITING THE CELEBRATION OF THE MASS, `THE QUEMA OF THE CARDONES`, AFTER THAT FIREWORKS AND AN ARTISTIC EVENING.

THE BURN OF CARDONES

THIS TRADITION IS CURRY IN THE 18 OF MARCH, WHICH IS THE DAY BEFORE OF THE PATRONAL CELEBRATION. THAT IS AN OFFERING, THE LIGHT OF THE LIFE, THE SAINT SPIRIT, AND THE FAITH OF THE HABITANTS UNIT WAITING. DO NOT KNOW WHEN THAT TRADITION STARTS AND WHICH WAS THE INITIAL REASON, BELIVE IN THE UNION OF THE PAGAN TRADITION OF THE VILLAGE AND THE CHRISTHIANITY. THE HABITANTS UNIT SHOWS THE FERVOUR AND THE DEVOTION TO THE SAINT JOSE PATRON WITH A ¨QUEMA DE CARDONES¨

ATRACTIVE PLACES OF THE VILLAGE: BIGINING IN THE PRINCIPAL SQUARE WHERE YOU CAN VISIT IN FIRST TIME THE ARQUEOLOGICAL MUSEUM (THE VISIT IS 45 MINUTES LONG). THERE IS SITUATED ON THE RIGHT OF THE CHURCH, IS ON THE OLD HOUSE, ITS BUILD IN 1920 WITH A GALERY NEOGOTHIC AS A RECOVA. THERE YOU CAN SEE AN EXELENT DIDACTIC SAMPLE, ORGANICED DURING THE SEVENTIES FOR A GROUP OF ARCHAOLOGIST, WHICH CONTINUE A SOCIAL PROCES PREHISPANIC IN THE REGION. SINCE THE PRIMARY NATIVE POPULATION TO THE SPANISH COMMAND LANDS. THE COLLECTION IS CONSTITUTED FOR MORE THAN 5.000 PIECES OF THE ZONE AND THEY ARE AN EXELENT QUALITY, AS WELL AS BRING PRECISE INFORMATION ENDORSE FOR THE CIENTIFIC EXCAVATION. AFTER THAT IS SITUATED ON THE RIGHT THE SAN JOSE CHURCH (HISTORIC NATIONAL MONUMENT SINCE 1945. THE VISIT IS FROM 15 TO 30 MINUTES LONG) IT FAÇADE HAS BEEN COMPLETED REBUILD ON 1947 FOR NADAL MORA, WITH A BASE OF BOULDER , WIDE AND SMOOTH WAL OF ADOBE. THE FRONT, THE TOP AND THE THREE BELLS ARE TIPICALY OF XVIII CENTURY.

INSIDE THE CHURCH IT HAS A NAVE OF 35 M LENGTHS AND NEAR THE MAYOR ALTAR ARE TWO CHAPELS CROSS. UPWARDS ARE A SUSECTION OF ARCH OF MASONRY THAT IS PAITING WITH WHITE COLOUR, THERE ARE SITUATED THE TABLES OF CARDON WOOD. IN THE MAJOR ALTARPIECE IS A FIGURE OF GOOD WITH 2 ANGELS ON BOTH SIDES. ON THE VAULTED NICHE IS THE FIGURE OF PATRON SAINT JOSE, A CALVARY AND SAINT PEDRO; ON THE FLOOR IS SAINT ISIDRO AND SAINT DOMINICA . ON THE CHAPEL CROSS LEFT IS NAZARENO FIGURE OF XVIII.